Sunday, October 23, 2011

Moving

Some of you know this and some of you don't.  We are going to move!  Don't worry, we're not going far...

See, that's the view of the house we're moving to-- from the perspective of the house we're moving from.

Yep.  From this one...

...to this one.

Rear view.
 Why?  you might be asking.  Is it because we want to change all our mail from 175 to 185?  (No, that'll probably create some headaches of its own).   Is it because we want to live uphill from somebody instead of downhill from somebody?  (We will finally have a view of the sunset-- that's why we're doing this!  Haha-- not.  That's just a bonus).  Is it because we can sift through all our belongings and finally get rid of some of the 20 years of accumulation from this house?  (I love to declutter, so this is another bonus). 

Here's the real reason...  We are buying Wayne's parents' house.  They have decided to down-size and move to a cottage in a retirement village and we are ready to down-size a little, plus take advantage of a house with a garage and a huge family room.  The huge family room will be nice for future large family gatherings, assuming our family will continue to grow over the next number of years (No hint there, kids. No hurry. We just believe in preparedness). 

AND we want to keep our old house.  It's sort of an antique or family heirloom, if you will.  We'd like to keep the adjoining properties together for a bit yet, so we plan to rent out the old house (that is, our current house).  Is all of this perfectly confusing?  Probably so-- and we realize that a lot of people probably think we should have our heads examined for doing this.  That's okay.  We know that this is right for us for now.  So, to anyone who asks why, I'd probably have to answer, "We just want to have our cake and eat it too."

I thought y'all should know about this if you don't already.  I haven't been blogging much lately because I've been sorting and packing, painting stuff in the old house, picking out flooring, paint, faucets, etc. for the new house, and generally having my head in a whirl over the whole thing.  Now that I've gotten this off my chest, maybe future blogging will start to flow again.  ;)

View of the old house from the driveway of the new house.
As a matter of fact, I may do another one right after this one because I took a few amazing pictures yesterday (my skill isn't amazing, but the scenery is!)  So, sometime in January, stop in at our new digs and say Hi.  We'd love to see you!  Probably.  Maybe not all of you.  Just kidding.  Do stop by-- after you call first.  ;) 

1 comment:

  1. I understand but still can't wrap my head around it. Your old house is just so... well... you. Or at least the you I know! lol I know you will make your new home you too though! But can I come up for one last time around the table with my favorite FAB 4's? I've been through so much around that table; well actually I didn't go around the table, I AlWAYS sit/sat in the very same seat! Well except for that one time you made us move... lol

    ReplyDelete