Tuesday, November 6, 2012

To Pie or Not to Pie

I get happy when I declutter my closet.  I also get happy when I buy something new and fun.  I am thrilled when the scales blinks a lower number today than it did yesterday.  I am also thrilled by the taste of a smooth, creamy slice of french silk chocolate pie. I enjoy living in a sparkling clean, freshly tidy house. But I find myself sitting in front of my computer even as the bathrooms cry out for attention.

Why do I sabotage myself this way?  Come to think of it, I think someone named Paul talked about this a long time ago.  In Romans 7:15 he remarks, " I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do."  Well, that's not exactly what I was saying, because I want to both lose weight AND eat french silk chocolate pie!



I think the problem is that I forget that I am making a decision each time I eat the pie, buy something, or google some obscure topic.  My actions show that I have decided to value those things more than losing weight, owning fewer things and cleaning my house!  Uh oh.  

Isn't it distracting to have that picture of the pie sitting there looking you in the face?  That is really making this discussion difficult.



Maybe tomorrow I'll remember what I will like bestest and longest before I choose what's only best for a moment.

Maybe I'll actually exercise...




No comments:

Post a Comment