Sunday, August 21, 2011

THE WEDDING


It has taken me such a long time to do this blog.  I wanted it to be perfect.  To describe everything.  To get everything across just right.  I don't think that's even possible... so here goes...

Our son, David, got married to a beautiful (inside & out) girl named Emily a little over a week ago.  The wedding was in Vermont, the scenery was spectacular, the bride and groom were gorgeous, and the wedding itself was deeply meaningful.


The wedding was on a dock by Lake Champlain




I was touched that David wanted to walk me down the aisle himself.  Isn't that sweet?

Don't father and son look dashing in their tuxes??!!



Emily was absolutely radiant.  She glowed as she walked down the aisle on her father's arm.

Her dress was perfect.  Isn't she gorgeous?


Their "wedding officiant" was Justin, the leader of their college Navigators group.  Navigators is a Christian organization that has college discipleship ministries among many others.  He conducted a wonderful wedding ceremony.  My favorite part was near the beginning when he was explained how David and Emily described each other.  Keep in mind the long-distance pre-marital counseling:  David was in Texas and Europe and Emily was in Pennsylvania most of the time they were engaged-- and Justin was in Georgia.

Here's how they looked during this part of the ceremony. 



So, here's what Justin said... I videotaped this part with my little camera so I have this verbatim...  he starts with what Emily had to say about David. 


“ ‘I simply love being with Dave:  whether we’re lost in the woods or on a drive to Sonic.  I love his passion for life, for God and for people.'  And she really did say this [Justin said to David]:  she said she loves your passion for fishing.  I’ve got it written down.  I asked Emily if she could describe you, Dave, in one word, and true to form, she couldn't send me one word, she sent me nine.  She said ‘best friend, humorous, protector, partner, leader, driven and extremely handsome.’  Emily, I asked Dave some of the same questions and I want you to hear the sweet things he had to say about you.  He said, “I love the way that she reminds me that I have a heart.  I love the way she loves everyone she meets and how they feel loved and valued around her.  I love how she loves all kids and has a nurturing heart.  I love how she describes a movie and how it can take longer for her to describe the movie than the movie itself.  And Emily, I asked Dave if he could describe you in one word and true to form he sent me one word.  And he said, “Exciting.”   It's so apparent from these statements that you guys love each other and appreciate each other.  But  my hope and prayer is that you’ll be saying the same things about each other 50 years from now.”
 Doesn't that just make your heart go zingety-zing?  Maybe it's because I'm the mother-of-the-groom, but I thought that was--- wonderful.  You probably won't believe that I didn't even cry.  I was too busy smiling.  I love these two!
I may have a few more wedding-related posts later.  I really don't know.  If you want to keep up with David & Emily and their adventures, you can check out their blog at http://twitterpatedtravelers.blogspot.com/.  I am sure honeymoon pictures from Greece will be up there soon.
Meanwhile here's a few more wedding pictures-- just because I like showing them to people.




Immediate families of the bride & groom.






THE END.  Or as we say in wedding-speak-- THE BEGINNING!



2 comments:

  1. I think the mother and father of the groom are also radiant and glowing. What they said about each other is so neat. Their marriage will be great they have had good teachers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh... romance! I love it. I teared up reading the part about how they described each other- how sweet. May God bless their marriage now and always!

    ReplyDelete