Thursday, January 19, 2012

Losers Weepers-- no more

It has been a l-l-o-o-n-n-g-g-g time since I blogged.  We were busy packing, painting, moving, unpacking, moving some more, cleaning, painting and unpacking,  you see.  That left no time for such leisure pursuits as typing mere words for entertainment, instruction or illumination.  My daughter Katie has been bugging me to get back to it.  She told me I better start brainstorming this afternoon.  I told her that I have a brain-drizzle going on, but not quite a storm yet.

 Oh yes, I was sewing curtains too.

But I knew if I just started typing something would happen...

I lost some stuff when we moved.  My camera case, for one thing.  This is unfortunate because my battery charger was in there.  Once my battery dies, I am sunk unless one of my daughters lets me borrow her camera (hint, hint).  It is also unfortunate because I believe the camera case was nestled up with my necklace chains.  I had a variety of lengths of silver and gold (yes, some of them were "real" gold) chains that I would wear with my various pendants.  A pearl, or opal, or black hills gold grapeleaf, or cross necklace etc.  But this isn't a tragedy because I had more chains than I needed anyway and they are not irreplaceable.

But now things get painful.  On one of the gold chains was a brand new diamond pendant.  This pendant was free (I shall explain shortly) but it was indeed a diamond pendant which is something I never had before and I really, really, really liked it.  It made me feel special when I wore it, which sounds silly to me even as I type it.  Diamonds don't make you special, God does.  I learned that from Veggie Tales (oh, just kidding--  I know it from the Bible-- check Psalm 139!)  It's just one of those things that, once I had it, I wondered how I did without it.  I hope you realize that I am being somewhat facetious here.  I do understand that life is not about jewelry.

 I don't have a good picture of mine because I lost it too soon.

I guess I have to explain how this pendant was free.  The diamond in the pendant came from a wedding band we found embedded in the tar of the road near our house a couple of years ago.  The gold in the setting of the pendant was paid for by broken/unused gold jewelry I cashed in at the jewelry store.  The price of gold is high right now, so it worked out just so nicely!  Free diamond, free gold and a credit left in my account at the jewelry store-- and a lovely pendant to enjoy.  Until now.

Well, back to what's going on here.  No more diamond pendant.  No more silver and gold chains.  No more camera charger.  Then I got a phone call from Compassion International.  We sponsor two children through this amazing organization.  Anna is from Tanzania and Braeck is from the Philippines.  The phone call told us that Braeck and his family lost their home in a typhoon, but that they are okay.  They.  lost.  their.  HOME.  I lost a stupid necklace.  I think I'll quit right here, except to ask you to pray for a sweet boy and his family in the Philippines.  I have released my jewelry.  It's not a problem.  At all.  Maybe every time I think of diamonds it'll remind me to pray for someone who is really in need.  Thanks God!







No comments:

Post a Comment