Monday, January 30, 2012

I just ate a frog



Actually, I ate three frogs.  A month or two ago, I was reading a book about... oh... home organization or to-do lists or minimalist living or something like that and I can across this concept of eating your frog first.  Apparently this concept comes originally from a guy named Brian Tracy. He says that, “If the first thing you do when you wake up each morning is eat a live frog, nothing worse can happen for the rest of the day,” and therefore the first thing you should do is the “worst” thing on your To Do list.  You can even watch a clip about it:  Eat That Frog clip

Now, frogs aren't my favorite.  They are slimy, they live in ponds, and they don't taste like chicken, even when they're cooked.  My in-laws made frog legs once and tried to convince me that I would like them and that they really would "taste like chicken." That would only be true if the chicken had grown up in an algae-infested pond!  So, I never even consider eating frogs.


Until this morning, when I followed Brian Tracy's advice and ate three in quick succession.  I called and scheduled a mammogram.  Gulp!  They aren't even as terrible as some people say, but seriously.  Who wants to go have one of those done?  Then before my phone even cooled down, I quickly punched in the number to schedule a multiphasic blood screening.  Again, even less traumatic than a mammogram, and they even give you juice and an artery-clogging treat afterwards.  I just don't do it.  I hate to just pick up the phone and make simple phone calls.

It doesn't make any sense, I know.  However, I have found that there's a LOT of people out there who have even worse phone-phobia than I do!  (Looks like I should schedule a manicure too, but that's not gonna happen.  Maybe I'll just buy some decent hand cream and try to remember to use it.)

The third frog I am eating is to order a new battery charger for my camera.  As you may know, I lost a few crucial things when we moved recently.  The battery charger was one of them.  I have put off ordering one, still hoping that it would show up.  It hasn't, my battery still lives on amazingly, but it can't last forever.  So, Amazon, here I come!

There you have it.  Three easy frogs which I had been procrastinating about for about a month.  But I'm full now-- I have a whole pond-full of frogs waiting, but tomorrow is another day.  A baby card, a birthday card, a thank you card... I can hardly wait (that's a joke!).


No comments:

Post a Comment