Saturday, February 25, 2012

This started out to be about family, but ended up being about dessert.

I love my family.  This will probably not be a deep, spiritual post other than to say that I am thankful to God for my wonderful husband, my kids, my parents & in-laws and my relationship with all of them.  Hey, every family has their dysfunction and ours is no exception, but that just means we're human.

This picture is from the "February birthdays" get-together my mom always has.  My husband, Dad & father-in-law all have February birthdays.  This usually involves pie and this year there was even cake!

 Daffodil cake and strawberry pie in February=a welcome touch of spring.

 Thanks Mom!


This is Katie and her fiancee.  Aren't they cute?  We are deep into wedding plans already for the summer of 2013.  I'm sure you'll be reading more about that in the future.
 This is from a separate party for my father-in-law.  The funny thing is that we couldn't find any matches to light the candles, so all his efforts were only for the photo op!

This is my mother-in-law trying out Katie's new iPhone.  I just got a kick out of this, so I threw it in.

Now, Wayne's birthday isn't for a couple of days yet, but I cheated and gave him his present early.  He's the last one of us who was Kindle-less, so we had to remedy that situation.  Aren't our girls precious with their Dad?

 We went to Baltimore on President's Day weekend in order to attend a bridal show and do some sightseeing.  We found that most museums in Baltimore are closed on Mondays, so that was unfortunate.  But we found plenty to do anyway.

We always wanted to take the kids to the Maryland Science Center, so now was the chance as it was one of the few places open (I know, I know, we could have gone to the aquarium, but we've been there, done that).  I think we were about 10 years too late for the age of our kids, but we had fun with the hands-on stuff anyway, as well as seeing an IMAX movie of Shackleton's antarctic adventures and a planetarium show about black holes.  Yes, we are geeks and we don't mind people knowing that.



Then, we took a lovely walk around the harbor to get to Little Italy.  A friend had told us about a marvelous Italian bakery there.  Thanks Tesha! 

 As you can see, Katie is practically giddy with excitement.  We do love our desserts.

And there it is.

It is an extremely popular place, but we got a table and settled in to have dinner.

Ahem.  I am ashamed to say, this is just my plate.  Hey, they are MINI cannolis and cream puffs, thank you very much.

 Wayne opted for gelato.  (I did share some of mine, and brought a bunch home.  I'm not a total glutton).

 Katie's giddiness did not subside for some time.

And yes, I think Bekah's eclair was bigger than her face, haha!

The end.

P.S.  After the last couple of weeks, Wayne & I decided we need to improve our eating habits.  No, seriously?  You think so?

8 comments:

  1. Love Vaccaros! They used to have a stand in the food court at Owings Mills Mall. Looks like you are enjoying your winter and of course your family. I always love looking at your blog. BTW - I am Kindleless (hint, hint)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen! Yes, you need a Kindle. Our whole family is on one account so we can all share books. It works out great.

      Delete
  2. Your family is so stinking cute!!! I LOVED this post. Plus it made me hundry for sweets. Thanks Lisa. LOL. Great pics by the way. I have never seen Katie happier!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't understand your title; aren't the Steinours and desserts just synonyms? ;) This post just proves why everyone wants to be a Steinour - you guys just get family right!
    p.s. You are putting me to shame with all these blogs - I must start blogging again.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw. Thanks. :) Why is your name lower case, my friend?

      Delete
  4. Great blog post Lisa! I have never been to Vaccaro's but I would love to go! From one dessert fan to another.....I love the yummy pictures....I could almost taste the gelato when I saw the photo:)

    Monique

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Monique. You would really enjoy Vaccaro's!! Next time you're in Baltimore...

      Delete