Sunday, February 24, 2013

Tag, I'm It.


I'm it!



Guess what?  I got blog-tagged by my dear Katie at Probably Prautes.  She's my daughter and she's my favorite child of the three.  (Don't worry, I tell each of them they're my favorite, and they all believe it!)

So, I am going to tell you about myself, then I'll tag someone else's blog....  


1. Where were you born? Gettysburg, PA.  Well, that's where the hospital was... I grew up in Littlestown, all of 8 miles away.

2. Were you named after someone? No, Lisa Marie was just extremely popular back in the day.  There were 3 of us on my freshman dorm hall.  And no, I wasn't named after Lisa Marie Presley.  I was born long before she was.  She was named after me.

3. If you have children, how many do you have? 3 fabulous adult children, 1 fabulous daughter-in-law and 1 fabulous son-in-law-to-be.

4. How many pets do I have? Just an old dog/mutt named Ozzie.  He's 12.  Our first dog, Sandy, lived to be 17... just some trivia for ya.

5. What was your worst injury? Probably my sledding accident. If you know the details you're probably one of my best friends.  Other than that, the Ozzie fish hook incident wasn't a terrible injury, but it was freaky.  Read about it here.

6. Do I have a special talent? Well... people like to have me read stuff they write and give my opinion and suggestions.  Is that a talent?  And I'm good at making charts.  And lists.

7. What's your favorite thing to bake? Chocolate chip cookies because they are SO good right out of the oven when they're all gooey and succulent.

8. What's your favorite fast food? Hmm.  Oh yes!  Five Guys.  I love their burgers with everything and fries.  
 
9. Would you bungee jump? No.  You can't make me.  I won't do it.

10. What is the first thing you notice about people? Their complexion.  Initially I had typed "skin", but that sounded racist and is not what I meant.  I have always had skin issues, so I always notice and appreciate a lovely complexion.

11. When was the last time you cried? I almost cried when they killed off Matthew in Downton Abbey... but not quite.  Oh actually I cried a little bit yesterday... nevermind.

12. Any current worries? I have kids.  I have parents.  I have worries.  But fortunately, God's in charge and I'm not, so I try not to let my worries grow roots.

13. Name three drinks you drink regularly. Coffee, tea, cocoa.

14. What is your favorite book? Just one?  I can't really pick because I read a LOT.  Chasing Fireflies by Charles Martin is really good though.  And Quaker Summer by Lisa Samson.

15. Would you like to be a pirate? No.  Pirates break rules.  That would make me nervous.

16. What are your favorite smells? Honeysuckle, lilacs, baking bread.

17. Why do you blog?  I enjoy writing and photography, and I hope people are encouraged or uplifted by what I post.  

18. What song do you want played at your funeral? Please don't play "I Can Only Imagine."  How about Keith Green's "There is a Redeemer."  I've always loved that song.

19. What is your least favorite thing about yourself? I say way too many critical and negative things.

20. What is your favorite hobby? Reading, going on walks, photography, writing.

21. What do you look for in a friend? Someone who takes turns talking and listening-- if you know what I mean.  And someone whose sense of humor agrees with mine.

22. Name something you have done you never thought you would do. Walk through the African bush in flip flops.  Or even just go to Africa.

23. What are your favorite things to do? Go on outdoor adventures with my family.  We have so much fun together.  Other than that... read a book while drinking coffee and eating Girl Scout thin mint cookies.

24. Any pet peeves? Oh my gosh.  People who take up the whole aisle in the grocery store who don't even consider that you're there standing just behind them waiting to get through and they just stand there and stand there all sideways and spread out like they're alone in the world.  I'm not bitter.

25. What's the last thing that made you laugh? Watching my husband watch "King of Queens."  His laugh makes me laugh.

So that is that!  Cheryl, tag, you're it!   It's your turn over there on Life With Cheryl on the Northern Neck.  It's about time you write another post anyway.

2 comments:

  1. Yes to thin mint cookies (my mom just bought me a box!) & yes to those people who take up the whole aisle at the grocery store! And what is it with our husband's infatuation with Kevin James?? Looking forward to hanging out with you guys Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I want a burger from Five Guys! ..and a WARM chocolate chip cookie! :)

    ReplyDelete