Thursday, August 1, 2013

Life on a Thursday

It's raining.  I haven't fixed my hair yet.  I've been doing home repairs lately and things don't always go well.  I like to blog and I haven't been.  I have projects that I want to do.  I have ideas that need to be expressed.  I need to balance the checkbook.  And visit my parents.  And have people over. And my class reunion is on Saturday and I don't want to go.  But there's a few people I would like to see.  But I don't want to go.  But I will.

Wow.  I guess it's one of those mornings.  What's the solution?
 1.  Fix my hair.
 2.  Do an ab workout because I haven't done one for weeks, and procrastinating is ridiculous.
 3.  Red out a drawer or cabinet ("red out" or "red up" is a Pennsylvania Dutch term that means to put things away.  When you red off the table, you are clearing it).  Decluttering/organizing energizes me and that's what I need.
 4.  Call someone to come fix the doorknob I removed and can't get to work now.
 5.  Balance the checkbook because it has to be done.
 6.  Work on a fun project after balancing the checkbook because I need a reward that doesn't involve chocolate because eating chocolate will make me feel good then make me feel bad.
 7.  Thank God for health, shelter, provision, friends, family, flowers, rain, breezes, butter, electricity, running water, socks, soap, and dishwashers.

And yes, one day soon I will blog about my beautiful daughter's recent wedding... I'm waiting for a few more pictures!


"Finally, be strong in the Lord and in His mighty power.  Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes."  --Ephesians 6:10-11

That's the best thing to do-- even before fixing my hair.  Have a good day, my friends!

1 comment: