Tuesday, September 6, 2011

White Raisin, Interactive Cream


 My daughter has been pestering me to blog more.  The other daughter hasn't pestered me about that-- maybe about other things, but not about blogging.  So, here goes!
Daughter Katie.  She's pretty intense sometimes.  And she has very blue eyes.

And she has her daddy's chin dimple.  Aren't they cute?


I've been painting lately.  Walls.  I actually enjoy it.  Nothing spruces up a whole room so completely, charmingly and freshly as a brand spankin' new coat of paint!  All the old nail holes, dirt streaks and cobwebs are gone.  New colors create serenity or excitement-- or whatever mood you're going for.  (I just ended a sentence with a preposition.  I remember learning in 6th grade from Miss Gibble-- yes I'm pretty sure that was my English teacher's name then-- that you aren't supposed to end a sentence with a preposition.  The problem is, that it seems pretentious to say "or whatever mood for which you are striving."  So I just do it my way.  Sorry, Miss Gibble, wherever you are.)

FIL Rodney:  rolling along!
My father-in-law helped me paint The Back Room.

In order for us to do that, my strong husband had to muscle the old upright piano away from the wall.  When I was getting ready to "help" him, he sent me away to put something more suitable for gargantuan furniture-moving on my feet than flip flops.  When I got back, the deed was already done.  Sneaky man.  He was afraid I would "strain my gizzard" (my words) if I tried to move that thing.  He was probably right.

Big Heavy Piano
 We painted the room "White Raisin".  I want a job coming up with names for paint colors.  It's a nice warm gold color.  That was last Monday (the one before Labor Day).  Then this past Saturday, Bekah (the other daughter) and I painted the girl's room.  It had a lot of purple in it.  We covered the purple and went with serene and restful shades of... yes... beige!  Who'dathunkit?  I don't normally like beige.  I like color.  But check this out.  It's gorgeous!


Totally Tan doors, Steamed Milk trim, Interactive Cream (seriously?!) walls
 Here's Bekah.  She likes her new pretty room.  She is also the reigning Steinour football queen, but that's a story for another day.


The next project is trim for the man cave.  Stay tuned.


3 comments:

  1. You blog as good as Pioneer woman and now you are painting as good as miss mustard seed. I need to learn more from you

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the new paint colors! Everything looks BEAUTIFUL! I do have a comment though...please remember that you most likely already had your "gizzard" removed...you know..once you hear the words "Lynch Syndrome" you want them to even take your gizzard...if they can find one!!! Ha Ha...only a joke between fellow lynchers!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Judy, haha! That's funny. You may be right about that gizzard. ;)

    ReplyDelete