Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Revelation: I like walking in the rain



Who knew?  All these years I've been avoiding being out in "bad" weather.  And now I'm finding out that bad weather can really be good weather!  We've been having a LOT of rain the last couple of days.  So, rather than give up my prayerwalking, I decided to brave the elements.

This is me and the edge of my umbrella looking over the chocolate milk of Willoughby Run.


I've always had a thing for dirt roads worn into a farmer's field.


Hm.  which perspective is better.  I like 'em both.

















I love to see raindrops precariously poised prettily and poetically on flowers and leaves.  You know what song came into my mind while I was walking this morning?  Fairest Lord Jesus.  I've always loved that song.  He really is the fairest of them all.


1.      Fairest Lord Jesus, ruler of all nature, 
	O thou of God and man the Son, 
	Thee will I cherish, Thee will I honor, 
	thou, my soul's glory, joy, and crown.

2.	Fair are the meadows, fairer still the woodlands, 
	robed in the blooming garb of spring:  
	Jesus is fairer, Jesus is purer 
	who makes the woeful heart to sing.

3.	Fair is the sunshine, fairer still the moonlight, 
	and all the twinkling starry host:  
	Jesus shines brighter, Jesus shines purer 
	than all the angels heaven can boast.

4.	Beautiful Savior!  Lord of all the nations!  
	Son of God and Son of Man!  
	Glory and honor, praise, adoration, 
	now and forevermore be thine.

I hope my heart sings these words all day today.  I hope yours does too.  If you want to hear this hymn played for you, go to hymnsite.com.  Just found it.


The rain had slowed down, so I went back to the house to get Ozzie.  He didn't want to go along when it was pouring earlier.




He is enjoying this.  Really he is.

Toward the end of my walk, I looked down and this is what I saw.  Oh my.  Apparently when I get dressed for a walk, the only thing I take into account is the temperature.  Or maybe I'm just trying to wake up passersby on their way to work or school!

"Thee will I cherish, Thee will I honor, 
	thou, my soul's glory, joy, and crown."

2 comments:

  1. I think you should look into being a photographer--- you have a great viewpoint and take GREAT pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trying to get caught up on your blogs. love your pictures, and the song. A nice one to have in your head.

    ReplyDelete