Friday, December 21, 2012

I Am Always Right



I am always right.  I know the best way to organize a kitchen cupboard.  I know whether you need to wear a coat outside.  I know that in stores with high and low racks, they should put the large sizes way up there on the high rack (for all the tall people who wear those sizes) and put the smalls and mediums on the bottom rack where I can actually reach the hangers!  I know that people should stay in front of or behind their shopping carts and NOT beside them thus blocking the grocery aisle.

Alas, the world does not cooperate.  Stores continue to put the small sizes on very high racks.  Clumps of people clog the grocery store aisles.  “Kids” refuse to wear coats (they may be 20-something, but they’re still kids.) 

I’ve known for quite some time that my life would be easier if I would accept the fact that the world does not revolve around me or my wishes.  So today I’m going to try to cut people some slack.  I’m going to allow people to disagree with me.  I’m even going to be patient with all those indecisive people jamming the store aisles.  Maybe I should start out by asking God what He wants instead of telling Him what I want.  Wouldn’t my family be surprised to hear those little-used words come out of my mouth—“Well, have it your way, then”?


This doesn't have anything to do with anything.  It's just funny and cute. Am I right?  








I was inspired to write this blog by today's (December 21) entry in the "God Calling" devotional.

Children, take every moment as of My Planning and ordering. Remember your Master is the Lord of the day's little happenings. In all the small things yield to My gentle pressure on your arm. Stay or go, as that pressure, Love's pressure, indicates....

And when things do not fall out according to your plan, then smile at Me indulgently, a smile of Love, and say, as you would to a human loved one, "Have Your way then" -- knowing that My loving response will be to make that way as easy for your feet as it can be.


No comments:

Post a Comment